FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Q. What do I need to wear / bring on my first lesson?
A. Wear loose clothes, joggers, leggings and a t-shirt etc. Bring a drink in case you get thirsty!
Q. What age is it suitable for?
A. Age approx 5 onwards. Some kids at age 5 are fine, some may need a little longer time before they can join.
Q. How do monthly payments work?
A. Your payments are based upon 12 months membership, with lessons being provided 48 weeks of the year and averaged out into 12 monthly payments.
Q. How much does it cost?
Q. Am I insured?
A. Yes and also covered with Member to Member Insurance.
Q. Do I need to prepare for my first lesson?
A. It is recommended that your finger and toe nails are cut short, clean feet (its a bare foot Martial Art).
Q. What will be my first lesson like?
A. Fun, some physical exercise, stretching, kicking pads, punching, etc but everything at your own pace.
Q. Is fighting/sparring full contact?
A. Not if you don’t want it to be. Everything is at your own pace and matched to your ability. Nobody wants to go home with bruises!
Q. Do I need special equipment?
A. Eventually yes, practicing sparring and certain things require protective pads for your own safety and others. Would you play a football match without football boots and shin pads?
Q. Is the payment only by Direct Debit or can I pay as you train?
A. We only do Direct debits, its too time consuming taking cash. Also we only have limited places, so a place is reserved for you when you pay monthly.
Q. Can I cancel at anytime?
A. Yes, just simply cancel your Direct Debit. But please be courteous and let us know if you stop training. Taekwondo and martial arts is hard work and does not suit everybody!
Q. I am going on holiday, can I stop my monthly payment?
A. Of course you can, just let us know that you are cancelling your Direct Debit. However you will loose your place, so re-joining in the same class may not be always be possible. It is always better to ask first!
Q. How often should I train?
A. Most people train twice a week. This is the most effective way to learn and improve. However training only once a week is far better than sat at home watching TV!
Q. How often do I grade / take a belt promotion test?
A. The club holds 3-4 gradings a year. When you have achieved a certain level, you will be invited to take part in a belt promotion test.
Any further questions, please contact us for assistance
Email: email@example.com – Mobile: 07904602049
Taekwondo is a martial art that can offer many benefits to children. Here are some reasons why Taekwondo is good for children:
1. Physical Fitness: Taekwondo training involves various physical exercises, such as kicks, punches, blocks, and sparring. These activities can help children improve their strength, flexibility, balance, coordination, and cardiovascular endurance.
2. Self-Defense Skills: Taekwondo teaches children how to defend themselves in dangerous situations. They learn how to assess potential threats, avoid conflicts, and use self-defense techniques to protect themselves from physical harm.
3. Discipline and Self-Control: Taekwondo training emphasizes discipline, respect, and self-control. Children learn to follow rules, practice regularly, and develop a strong work ethic. They also learn to control their emotions, behavior, and impulses.
4. Confidence and Self-Esteem: Taekwondo can help children build confidence and self-esteem. As they progress through the ranks and learn new skills, they gain a sense of accomplishment and pride. They also learn to believe in themselves and their abilities.
5. Mental Focus and Concentration: Taekwondo requires mental focus and concentration. Children learn to focus their minds on the task at hand, block out distractions, and stay present in the moment. These skills can help them in other areas of their lives, such as school and social situations.
Overall, Taekwondo can be a great activity for children, providing them with physical and mental benefits, self-defence skills, discipline, and confidence.