1. Covid-19 Pandemic
- The club has periods where training is allowed and are carried out in a covid secure manor. These lessons however will still carry a risk of Covid-19 transmission, even though we take strict measure against the risk.
- All members and parents of members must ensure that in attending lessons, that you have taken all possible precautions to ensure you have not got, or displaying symptoms, of Covid-19.
- Spectators are no longer allowed to reduce numbers inside the training hall.
- You must queue up outside and only enter the training room when invited by the instructor. This allows any previous group to leave and carry out interim cleaning.
- Each student will have an allocated space, they must remain in this space for the duration of the lesson.
- Toilets are not recomended for use.
- If you choose not to train, even when the government states it is allowed and you wish to suspend your monthly payments, please cancel your Direct Debit with your bank. You can rejoin the club at any time, however your place is no longer guaranteed.
1.1 Money transactions
- All monthly training fee’s are to be paid via Direct Debit.
- Direct Debits are handled by GoCardless. www.gocardless.com
- Yearly membership can be paid for within the members section shop.
- Failed Direct Debits will incur an admin fee of £5.
- If you wish to stop your monthly payment (ie leave the club) you must cancel your Direct Debit with your Bank. Please be courtious and if you leave, tell the club.
2. Classes and attendance
- The club will provide lessons for on average 48 weeks of the year.
- Your monthly training fee’s are averaged out over 12 months.
- With spaces being limited for the foreseeable future, if a members attendance drops below 50% over a 3 month period, their place will be forfeited and they will go back on the waiting list for a place.
3. Clothing and equipment
- The only clothing permitted is a full white dobok including belt (a white t-shirt maybe worn underneath, Black T-shirt if a black belt) or a Club T-shirt with White Dobok Botoms. Black Collar doboks are reserved for Dan Grades only.
- All members must have their protective equipment. This is Head, Body, Mouth, groin, forearm, shin, feet. Hand guards are optional unless competing. All equipment must carry CE marking and approved by World Taekwondo federation.
- The club will allow “grippy socks”. They can be Black or White in colour. Black Belts are permitted to wear Martial Arts style shoes.
- Gradings will be conducted 3-4 times a year, only when a member is ready and competent.
- Depending on your monthly payment, your gradings may or not be included.
5. Seminars, compeitions and events
- Seminars, competitions and events are not included in your monthly training fees. These are adhoc payments and can be purchased through our shop.
- If you want to compete, you must commit to training at least once a month at Quest HQ.
- The club will use photography and videography to record members. This may be used for advertising on social media, to reference against as a training aid or safeguarding.
- If you do not wish to be photograhed or videod you must inform the club in writing.
- Any safeguarding questions or issues must be raised with our safeguarding officer.
- Our Safeguarding officer is Pru Thompson-Graves and can be contacted by email email@example.com
- When going to seminars, events, competitions etc, please ensure that there are always 2 adults in a car with children that are not your own.
8. Contact in sparring / injuries
- Martial arts by definition can not be 100% risk free. Bruises and injuries will happen at some time during training.
- It is essential that you report on injury straight away to the instructor.
- You must make aware to the instructor of any medical issues that may effect your training or any treatment you may recieve for injury.
- Duing sparring all protective gear must be worn.
- During club lessons sparring is conducted with reasonble force, not excessive.
- If you require sparring with minimal or no contact, special arrangements can be made, however zero / no contact can not be guaranteed due to the nature of Martial Arts.